Beck Taxi has released a new version of its iPhone app to now allow customers to pay for rides with credit card or PayPal, right within the app. The update also shows estimates of when your taxi will arrive, a map detailing the car’s location, fare estimates, digital receipts, auto tip options and the option to rate your experience.
What’s New in Version 2.0
• Now you can pay for your Beck with your Credit Card or with PayPal for the first time ever in Canada!
• Get an estimate time until your car arrives and an estimate of how far away it is Km
• See the car coming towards you on the map
• Get a fare estimate for your trip when you enter a destination
• Favourite a pick up and drop off now, we call it a trip!
• Get receipts emailed directly to you when you sign up for them in your profile
• Select an auto tip to pay the driver with your in-app payment
• Use the nearby tab to see addresses and places near by
• Rate my Ride feature allows you to rate each experience and let us know how we did
Beck Taxi operates in Toronto and has over 1,750 taxis available:
“Minutes are everything to Torontonians, and we are committed to continuing to provide transportation solutions that support our city’s commuters and get people where they need to go faster, said Kristine Hubbard, Operations Manager at Beck Taxi. “This update offers customers the ability to pay in-app and view wait times, all while providing riders with a quieter trip by cutting down on some of the radio chatter, which we know Beck customers will appreciate.”
This update almost makes the app resemble Uber, which Beck Taxi is fighting along with the City of Toronto. When Toronto Mayor John Tory recently suggested Uber and other taxi companies come together to open a dialogue, Beck said “the idea of having that conversation with a company that is operating illegally is not acceptable for us.”
Beck has told customers that it is working on streamlining autopay into a future app update, to make it even more seamless.
Click here to download Beck Taxi in the App Store. Let us know what you think of this update.