In late March all Future Shop stores abruptly closed across Canada (surprising both staff and customers), as part of parent company Best Buy’s consolidation plans for the retail chain. Future Shop saw 66 locations cease operations, while the remaining 65 stores will transition to Best Buys (some already have).
That also meant the end of the Future Shop iPhone app as it’s no longer in the App Store. But have no fear, as Best Buy for iPhone is here, as version 3.0 has hit the App Store.
What’s New in Version 3.0
We’ve made some improvements!
· View delivery estimates on every product page
· Know when to expect delivery before you buy
· Use geolocation or change your delivery destination manually and watch the estimate update
· Easily see what delivery options you have and how long they’ll take even before checkout
· Improved availability information lets you know if an item is available online, in-store, or both
· Minor bug fixes
The new version brings delivery estimates on product pages and also indicates when you should expect deliveries to take place, while more delivery info is added during checkout. The app also better syncs up with the Best Buy website to ensure better availability information, whether in-store or online or both.
Click here to download Best Buy for iPhone in the App Store.