Apple has today released an update for GarageBand for Mac (version 10.1.1), improving compatibility with GarageBand for iOS and Live Loops projects. The update also brings support for Music Memos files, so users can open their memos in GarageBand.
The Music Memos support is especially noteworthy, as Apple introduced it in January as an app designed for musicians, so opening the song idea with Garageband could be considered the next (logical) step in the Apple ecosystem.
Alongside the above, the update also brings more than 2,600 new Apple Loops and sounds, giving users more options to choose from.
Below you can find the full list of what’s new in this version of GarageBand:
• Updates compatibility with GarageBand for iOS and Live Loops projects
• Opens Music Memos projects
• Supports Logic Remote for iPhone and iPad Pro
• Adds over 2,600 new Apple Loops and sounds
• Improved reliability when downloading additional content
• Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
Download GarageBand for Mac from the App Store for $6.99 (direct link).