Google Calendar for iPhone screenshots were first leaked back in January, but now the app has officially hit the App Store, sporting new material design, a common theme with the company’s latest iOS updates.
Get the official Google Calendar app for your iPhone to save time and make the most of every day.
– A new Schedule View – See your schedule at a glance with photos and maps of the places you’re going to.
– Events from Gmail – Flights, hotel bookings, concerts, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
– Assistance with filling in your calendar – You can quickly create events with smart suggestions for event titles, places and people.
– Different ways of viewing your calendar – Quickly switch between viewing a single day to getting an overview of multiple days at once.
– All of your calendars in one convenient place – Google Calendar works with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange and iCloud.
If you’ve already signed into an existing Google app on your iPhone, you’re ready to go. The calendar so far looks pretty clean, but I’d still like a month overview like Readdle’s Calendars 5 which shows event summaries by day. But that’s just me. What’s great is this app also supports iCloud calendars if that’s what you’re using too.
I did notice the calendar is smart, as it chooses background images for your events based on keywords, seen in the image above. In our case, one calendar entry had the word ‘yoga’ and the event’s image is a yoga mat. Clever girl.
Check out the promo video below:
Time will tell if we will move to this app from Calendars 5. Let us know what you think about it!
Click here to download Google Calendar for iPhone in the App Store.