iOS hacker and jailbreak expert @pod2g has released his first iOS app called podDJ, a djing app for iPad which will be hitting the App Store on January 12 (already available in the New Zealand App Store). The app claims to be the fastest scratching app in the App Store that transforms your iPad into a real mixing engine.
The podDJ app has been designed to create the most realistic virtual turntable experience on the iPad. Your iTunes library music becomes available directly without any loading delay and with the highest fidelity sound processing. Discs and controls have been placed in a way that your hands will cover every feature you need as quickly as possible without the requirement of any additional device to achieve a perfect mix.
– iTunes library access without any conversion (MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF…)
– Monitor (pre-cueing) output
– Multi-Route audio: individual output management (you can choose where the monitor and each turntable output goes)
– Compatibility with stereo splitting cables
– 5 milliseconds of sound latency
– 60Hz refresh rate
– Zero latency cue points
– Zero latency key lock (time shifting) using DIRAC 3 technology
– Automatic BPM detection
– Manual (tap) BPM computation
– No limit to the number of touches (multiple controls at the same time are accessible)
– High fidelity equalizer with separate bass, medium and treble settings, kill buttons, and 2 possibles curves
– Highly customizable turntable emulation
– AirPlay compatible
– Numark iDJ Live compatible
The PodDJ app will be available for download in the App Store at $5.99 for first two days, before going up to $7.99 until the end of January. After that, it’ll be sold for $9.99.