Nike+ Running (formerly Nike+ GPS) has been updated to 4.0, and along with comes a new interface and features. For the runners out there, Nike+ Running will keep track of each run along with details such as distance ran, calories burnt, and your average pace. The new interface brings larger, clearer text that’s easier to read during your run.
Of course, you will be able to share your times via Twitter and Facebook. 4.0 brings new features such as shoe tagging, to keep track of the distance run for your shoes and the ability to tag friends you ran with.
What’s New in Version 4.0
– Get into a run even faster. You can now tap the run button from anywhere in the app. And off you go.
– See how your last run stacks up against your previous seven, and get fresh insights based on your latest activity every time you come back to the app.
– Swipe downwards on the new Home Screen to view your next moves. From picking your PowerSongs to challenging one of your personal bests, there’s always something to make your running experience better than before.
– Visualize your runs side-by-side and see your progress with a new landscape history view.
– Our new Run Summary makes it easier to view your route, tag how you felt, and note your terrain. And don’t worry about the weather; we’ll automatically tag it for you.
– Rotate your phone while viewing the Run Summary to see the breakdown of your run into mile splits.
– Introducing shoe tagging: Type in the name of your running shoes to track the distance they’re logging and see when it’s time to lace up a new pair. You’re never done running, but your shoes might be.
Click here to download Nike+ Running–it’s free.