Today has been a good day for app updates, as earlier we noted Chrome for iOS and Google Drive received some nice updates. There are some other worthy apps that received updates today worthy of your time.
Skype for iOS can now chat with Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook.com contacts. Users can sign in and merge your Microsoft account with the app.
What’s New in Version 4.2
-Chat with Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook.com contacts – sign in with and merge your Microsoft account.
-New to Skype? Create a new account right from the app.
-Tap and hold on instant messages to edit them.
-Choose an emoticon while typing an instant message.
-Animated emoticons for devices with a Retina display.
-Edit saved phone numbers right from the dial pad.
Popular photography app 500px is now available for the iPhone, designed from the ground up. It includes iPhone 5 support and also their ‘Flow’ timeline feature. This is the app to have if you love photography or you’re a photographer with pictures to share.
What’s New in Version 2.0
- It’s been a long road, but 500px is now available for the iPhone!
- An all-new, designed from the ground up, iPhone experience, including Flow.An improved look and feel for the iPad.
- Avatar upload for profiles: customize your visual presence on 500px straight from your device.
- iPhone 5 and iOS 6 compatibility
Popular video site Vimeo has released a major update for its iOS app, as it has received an all-new design. There’s a new tab-based design to view more videos faster. The update has removed the ability for video editing which has disappointed some users.
What’s New in Version 3.0
– Navigate simply using the brand new tab-based design
– Quickly view and browse videos via the brand new Feed view
– Share videos natively with Twitter and Facebook
– Automatically share your video to Twitter and Facebook after uploading
– Upload your videos in the background so you don’t have to stop watching
– Manage your Watch Later queue
What updates have you been excited about today?