Earlier this month Videotron teased a major revamp was coming to their illico iPad app. The new version, 2.0 is now available for download. The description says it’s “the new TV app that’s changing TV” in caps lock, so it must be good.
What’s New in Version 2.0.0
THE NEW TV APP THAT’S CHANGING TV.
Hurry—download the TV app that’s changing tv
– Discover a personalized interface that suggests content according to your likes
– Discover even more entertainment and quickly access shows that are of interest to you with advanced searches of the entire illico catalogue
– Browse the Program Guide at lightning speed, without interrupting what you’re watching
– Choose content from your iPad and watch on your TV
– Take advantage of search tools like IMDB, Cinoche.com, Wikipedia…
– Join conversations via integrated social media sites like Facebook and Twitter
The app allows users to customize their viewing experience, similar to how a Netflix account works. Users are able to use their iPad to choose what they want to watch on their TV plus also includes new user profiles for all members of the family.
Videotron uploaded today a whole bunch of videos to their YouTube channel showing off the new app. Below is a demo of the app sending what you’re watching to the TV:
Click here to download illico for iPad version 2.0—it’s free but a subscription to the TV service is required.