Zite, a company with Canadian origins, has released a huge 2.0 update that comes with a redesign and more categories to explore. Navigation has also improved (swiping to the right takes you back) and it’s easier to favourite categories you like (you get to ‘heart’ them).
Full change log below:
What’s New in Version 2.0
Welcome to Zite 2.0. We’ve completely reimagined Zite to be faster, smarter and more beautiful:
· New Explore page helps you find interesting topics
· Jump to topics from anywhere in Zite to find great related content
· Expanded “Your Top Stories,” including Headline News, Featured Topics and Popular Stories in Zite
· Rate stories by simply swiping them up or down (iPad only)
· Link Facebook to get automatic topic suggestions and improve your personalization
· Expansion from 2,500 to over 40,000 categories to explore
The redesign resembles the colours from Pocket and the new logo reminds me of the Hootsuite owl. Aside from that, this is a nice looking update to one of my favourite apps. Zite curates stories based on your preference by using their own personalization engine.
Zite announced in October its first project with parent company CNN, known as ‘CNN Trends’.
Click here to download Zite–it’s free. What do you think of this update?
Update: Here is Zite’s official announcement:
In Zite 2.0, we’ve improved the intelligence of the discovery engine powering Zite. We’ve also added lots of ways to give your Zite feedback to improve your recommendations.