Zynga has soft-launched Mafia Wars for iPhone and iPad exclusively in the Canadian App Store. The popular game has players build their own mafia and dominate other players. The freemium game powered by in-app purchase diamonds is back on iPhone, after the franchise itself was shut down last June.
Canadians can now play Mafia Wars on iOS, joining players from Indonesia, who had the game in late March.
“We’re testing a new Action Strategy MMO mobile game – Mafia Wars – which draws inspiration from one of our most popular, early franchises on the web,” said Zynga in a statement, to PocketGamer.biz. “The team is in the early stages of game development and we look forward to hearing from our players during our soft launch.”
Here are the game’s top features:
- Build, grow and upgrade your Mafia for invoking fear and power.
- Stake your claim on real-world cities by taking enemy territory.
- Join an Alliance to help steal resources, then build, recover and strengthen.
- Command a contingent of heroes. Spy, Hitman and Enforcer, each with their own specialty, each at your disposal for expanding your reign.
- Elevate your criminal abilities by unlocking new gameplay through Research and Crafting Hero Gear.