Today Apple seeded a new build of OS X 10.6.3, build 10D558. The last seed, build number 10D552, was only just released on February 9, 2010.
According to reports, the current build focuses on Apple Filing Protocol, AirPort, Graphics Drivers, and Quicktime. The build further includes:
- Performance improvements for 64-bit Logic
- Addresses compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
- Includes changes to QuickTime X that increase reliability and enhance security
- Improves printing reliability and compatibility with 3rd party printers
- Addresses issues that cause background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail
- Issues that caused machines using BTMM and Bonjour Sleep Proxy to wake unexpectedly
- Issues with recurring events in iCal when connected to Exchange servers
Build 10D558 comes just over a week since the last release.
The Mac OS X 10.6.2 update was officially released on November 9, 2009. The first two builds of 10.6.3 were issued in January 2010 and the third, fourth, and now fifth builds were issued in February 2010.
Mac OS X 10.6.3 will mark the third main revision to the latest Apple operating system, Snow Leopard.