Last year Rogers launched their Device Protection plans in November, and today the company has informed us Fido Device Protection has similarly launched. The protection package service includes the following:
- Device Protection
- Phone Finder and Anti-theft
- Fido TechXpert service
The monthly costs associated for the service are as follows: $8 for Fido TechXpert service, $10 for Fido Device Protection (non-iPhone devices) and $12 for iPhone devices.
Below are the features of Fido Device Protection:
– Your device is protected against physical damage, loss*, theft* and water damage, including out-of-warranty malfunction.
– Let us know about an issue by 5 p.m. (ET) and, in most cases, your replacement device will be delivered next business day.
– To be eligible, you must sign up within 15 days of new activation or upgrade.
– All devices are covered, including iPhone, and standard accessories including battery, charger, SIM card and memory card. Fido Prepaid and tablets are not eligible.
– No term commitment required. You can cancel at any time.
– Replacement devices may be new or refurbished versions of the same or comparable model.
– Limit of two replacements during a 12-month period.
– Depending on your device model, a service replacement fee of $25, $80, $120 or $200 will be charged when you make a request to replace your device. A full list of Service Replacement Fees by model is available at fido.ca/servicerequest.
Anyone interested in signing up for this?