Just like Fido’s Black Friday offer, Virgin and Koodo are (unsurprisingly) also offering the same 1GB bonus on select contract and BYOD plans.
Update: Koodo’s bonus data is for new activations and Tab upgrades only.
Both companies are essentially offering the following for BYOD (non SK/MB/QC):
- $49 for 1GB + 1GB bonus data
- $57 for 2GB + 1GB bonus data
- $69 for 3GB + 1GB bonus data
- $84 for 5GB + 1GB bonus data
The bonus data is also available in Quebec for BYOD (2-year pricing has bonus data too):
- $34 for 1GB + 1GB bonus data
- $44 for 2GB + 1GB bonus data
- $60 for 5GB + 1GB bonus data
I’m currently on Fido’s old $56/2GB plan ($10/1GB overages), but I’m considering switching over to the $57/2GB with 1GB bonus data, despite overages at $5/250MB.
If you’re on one of these plans, make sure you call in and get your extra 1GB of data. Virgin says their promo ends on Nov. 30.
PS – Don’t forget to check out our 2015 Canadian Black Friday Apple Deals roundup while you’re waiting on the phone.