If you’re not already aware, one of the best ways to negotiate with your carrier is to talk to their Retentions department, as they usually have ‘powers’ to offer unlisted plans to keep your business.
Right now, Fido is offering a ‘retentions’ plan to customers offering the following:
- Unlimited Canada-wide calling
- 3GB data ($5/250MB overages)
- Unlimited global SMS/MMS
- Spotify Premium; Daily Vice; Fido Roam
- Caller ID, Voicemail (lite); (Visual Voicemail is $5 extra)
- BYOD plan for $50 per month (SK/MB/QC–YMMV)
We were able to get a customer service rep to offer this right off the bat, without the need to talk to the Retentions department.
While the plan is not bad for $50 per month, data overages cost more, and the voicemail included is not visual voicemail for iPhone users (it’s a $5 add-on), compared to some grandfathered plans (i.e. the Canada-wide $56/2GB plan from a few years ago).
Let us know if you’re going to call into Fido and get this plan.