Rogers has launched Easy Pay, a payment plan that allows customers to get tablets for “$0 down”, as you can now pay the cost of your device over 24 monthly equal payments.
Easy Pay requires a Share Everything plan and also includes a free 2-year basic subscription to Next Issue, the all-you-can-eat digital magazine service.
Here’s how Easy Pay works according to the company:
- Pick a tablet you want from Rogers
- Add the tablet to your Share Everything plan for $10 per month
- Pay $0 down (a $20 connection fee and taxes on the full cost of the tablet will appear on your first invoice)
- Make equal Easy Pay payments over 24 months
- Activate your free 2 year Next Issue (Basic) subscription
The cellular iPad mini 2 is available from Rogers right now for $469, which means your monthly payments would be $19.54/month under Easy Pay.
The premise of these payment plans is to allow customers to get tablets without paying the bulk of the cost up front. The rationale is you’ll be generating data revenue for the company through extensive use of your iPad or other tablet over two years on their LTE network.