Rogers has announced it has launched a new loyalty program called Rogers First Rewards, which will allow customers to earn points on eligible purchases. These accumulated points will be able to be redeemed for various Rogers products and services such as the following:
- Wireless rewards: U.S. and international roaming packs; talk, and text packs; long distance calling and more
- Rogers cable rewards: Upgraded internet packages; home phone long distance; premium TV content and Rogers On Demand packages.
The company says the new program is a way to reward loyal customers:
“Our customers have told us they want to be rewarded for their loyalty and we’ve listened to their feedback,” said John Boynton, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Rogers Communications. “We’ve worked diligently over the last few years to create an easy and simple program to thank our customers for their business and to show our appreciation.”
The rewards program is based on tiers and the average total account holder’s spend on consumer cable, wireless, internet and home phone services across the country:
- Silver Tier customers ($0-$69.99 per month) earn 1 point per dollar
- Gold Tier customers ($70-$199.99 per month) earn 1.5 points per dollar
- Platinum Tier customers ($200+ per month) earn 2 points per dollar
Rogers says eligible customers will be notified and enrolled when the loyalty program becomes available in their region, set to start this summer.
What do you think of this rewards program?
Existing Rogers customers are assigned to one of three Program Tiers: Silver, Gold, or Platinum based on their average account spend for the past 12 months.
New Rogers Customers will be assigned to the Silver Tier until their average account spend pushes them into a higher Program Tier, as determined by their spend.
Update: We have added the monthly spend amounts to the tiers above. New customers will start in the Silver tier until they exceed the threshold into the higher tiers.