Since the release of iOS 6.1 over two weeks ago a bug has been affecting users with Microsoft Exchange accounts. Apple has now acknowledged the fix and has offered a temporary solution while an impending update is waiting to be released, reports ZDNet.
In an updated knowledge base article, Apple acknowledges the bug and also offers a temporary fix to stop the excess Exchange activity caused when users accept an exception to a recurring calendar event. Here’s how to fix the Exchange bug:
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Select the Exchange account from your Accounts list.
- Turn the switch for Calendars to OFF.
- Wait ten seconds.
- Turn the switch for Calendars back to ON.
Microsoft had earlier stated it was working with Apple to resolve the issue and the former offered the following fixes:
- Remove the Exchange account from the device
- Create a custom throttling policy for iOS 6.1 users
- Block iOS 6.1 users
If you’re suffering from this Exchange bug, let us know if the aforementioned fixes work for you.