Just over a week after iOS 6.1 was released publicly, Apple has released iOS 6.1.1 (build 10B311) for developers and it includes some map improvements for Japan. The release notes share the following:
- Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
- Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
- Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
- Updated freeway colour to green
- Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices
- Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower
For any users with a jailbroken iOS 6.1 device via the evasi0n jailbreak, you are urged to stay away from this update according to @musclenerd. The update most likely secures the exploits used in the iOS 6.1 jailbreak, which Apple recently warned users to avoid:
6.1.1 beta is already out to developers!Obviously stay away from that.
— MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) 6. Februar 2013
iOS hacker @iH8sn0w says this beta has no expiry date, unlike previous releases in the past.