Are you an iPhone app developer? If you are, then this is one contest you’re going to want to enter. Canpages is Canada’s fastest growing local search firm and they just launched their API contest for iPhone, Blackberry, and Android.
The Canpages API has access to over one million business listings across Canada. Developers will have a chance to win the following:
1. $5000 Grand Prize
2. 3 x $1000 Runner Up Prizes
Considering that this contest is limited to mostly Canadian applications, the odds of winning the grand prize are pretty good if you can develop the top app!
1) Application built using the Canpages API
2) Video of their application
3) Application must be built on android, blackberry, iphone or web
4) Popular votes on their application to get them into the final 6 selection group
5) Approval by Canpages.ca on their application (no sexual content, prophanities, etc.)
Starting today until March 28th, developers have four weeks to develop an application leveraging Canpages’ listings database for the iPhone, BlackBerry, Android or web platforms along with a video showcasing how the application works.
Voting will open to the public between March 15 and March 28, 2010 on the site. The popular vote will designate four applications, at which point Canpages’ will decide on the grand prize winner.
On March 29, 2010, Canpages will announce the grand prize application and three runners up. Along with the cash prizes, winners will have their applications featured on Canpages.ca.
Full contest details are available at: http://winmoney.canpages.ca.
Good luck to all those who are going to enter this lucrative contest! Better get started!