BiteSMS is one of the best alternatives to the stock Messages.app in iOS allowing its to users customize almost every aspect of text messaging experience. Just recently, the jailbreak-exclusive app has been updated to version 6.2, bringing tons of great new features and numerous bug fixes. BiteSMS is also offering a 40% discount during the month of April on BiteSMS licenses. So if you ever wanted to upgrade from the ad-supported free version to a full license, now is your best chance to save.
Here is the complete changelog of what’s new in BiteSMS 6.2:
- FINALLY! Added Camera and Photo icon (via biteSMS pop-up menu) so you can easily send photo’s in Quick Compose and Quick Reply.
- Added an ‘Opt Out’ of a conversation feature. Ideal for spam or group messages or even keeping a ‘quiet’ conversation. Long holding on a conversation toggles notification alerts on or off.
- Added a ‘Copy to Clipboard’ feature. Ever wanted to copy an entire conversation and then for example email a copy of it. It’s easy now using biteSMS, go into any conversation (tap the status bar to go to top of convo) then tap [Copy to Clipboard].
- Tapping the biteSMS status bar icon now launches Quick Reply if there’s just one pending message (otherwise slides open the Notification Center).
- Added Orientation Lock for Quick Compose and Quick Reply. See biteSMS > Settings > More Stuff.
- Added ability to specify a group message contact pic. See biteSMS > Settings > More Stuff > Contact Pics.
- Much better integration with Siri for iPhone 4S devices.
- Now compliant with iOS 5.1.
- Added some simple theme support. There is a file you can create and edit to specify the color of the QR and QC text fields. Only create the file and add details for fields you want to change.
To download, simply search for ‘BiteSMS’ in Cydia and tap to install the free version. If you like it, just buy it!