FireCore’s aTV Flash (black), that supercharges your black Apple TV (second generation) by unleashing a plethora of new functionality, has been updated to version 2.3 with a handful of great new features including stability improvements and support for the recently released Apple TV 5.3 update. Unfortunately, there is sill no support for the current 3rd generation Apple TV.
Existing users of aTV Flash (black) can update right on the Apple TV through the Maintenance > Manage Extras menu. For those who need to re-install, links for the latest version can be found in their account under the Downloads tab. New users can purchase for $29.95.
Here’s what’s new in aTV Flash (Black) 2.3:
- Added Apple TV 5.3 compatibility
- Added Croatian, Hungarian, Romanian, and Slovak localizations
- Media Player is now ‘Infuse for Apple TV’
- Improved Dolby (AC3) audio
- Improved metadata fetching
- Improved detection of subtitle encoding
- Improved reliability of settings backups
- A few other minor fixes and performance improvements