Soon after pod2g’s unveiling of iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak for A4 devices, Dev-Team updated redsn0w while Chronic Dev pushed Corona to Cydia in order to incorporate the newest exploit in their jailbreak tools. Today, @iH8sn0w has released his Windows exclusive sn0wbreeze jailbreak tool’s two-year anniversary update with pod2g’s iOS 5.0.1 untether exploit. The update also brings some GUI Improvements, an IPSW Downloader as well as support for older firmwares (including iOS 3.1.3) among other changes.
Here is the full changelog for sn0wbreeze v2.9 [Two year anniversary edition]:
- Happy birthday sn0wbreeze!
- Brought back old firmware support in one release!
- GUI Improvements
- You can now build IPSWs with TinyUmbrella/iFaith blobs!
- Removes OTA Updates/badge on iOS 5.x.x+ devices.
- Added an IPSW Downloader
- Built-in iREB functionality updated from newest iREB r5 module.
- Custom Packages in Expert actually works now. 😛
- All supported firmwares in this release are untethered.
- A5 devices are NOT supported at this time due to no public DFU/iBoot exploit.
Supported iOS Revisions:
- Supports iOS 3.1.3
- Supports iOS 3.2.x
- Supports iOS 4.0.x
- Supports iOS 4.1
- Supports iOS 4.2.1 – 4.2.8
- Supports iOS 4.3 – 4.3.3
- iOS 4.3.4/4.3.5/4.4.x/5.0 support coming soon
You can grab the latest version via the following official link: