Amazon Prime Day for 2016 has come and gone and the company has shared some stats on this year’s event in Canada, and worldwide.
Prime Day sales in Canada this year “more than doubled” versus 2015, as members bought more units than last year’s event, and Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2015 as well.
Amazon said their Fire TV Stick was the best-selling device globally (it’s not available in Canada though). Meanwhile, in Canada, what was the top selling item this year? If you guessed diapers again, think again.
The most popular item sold was Sennheiser’s HD 598 Special-Edition Over-Ear Headphones, available for $109 (71% off; save $270).
Other top selling items around the world by country:
- U.S.: Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
- U.K.: Oral-B Pro 6000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity and Smart Series
- Spain: SanDisk USB Memory Stick
- Japan: Calbee Breakfast Cereal 800 Grams
- Italy: Lexar Jumpdrive
- Germany and Austria: Tefal Jamie Oliver Frying Pan
- France and Belgium: Sun Tablettes Dish Detergent
Other top-selling items in Canada included copies of ‘Seinfeld: The Complete Series’, coffee pods, AmazonBasics cables and cords, GoPro Session Cameras and hard drives.
Anker, a popular seller of electronics on Amazon.ca, said they saw a 300% spike in sales on Prime Day, proclaiming it their best sales day of 2016. Aukey, another popular seller on the site said “with just the blink of an eye” their inventory on Prime Day had sold out.
This year definitely saw some better deals compared to last year on Prime Day. What did you end up buying?