Apple has again revealed its annual showcase of the best apps and more from iTunes in its ‘Best of 2013’ list, which includes categories from Music, Movies, TV Shows, App Store, Books and Podcasts.
Let’s take a look at the Editors’ Choice picks by Apple for best iPad and iPhone apps:
- iPhone App of the Year: Duolingo
- iPhone Game of the Year: Ridiculous Fishing – A Tale of Redemption
- Runner-Ups: VSCO Cam, Device 6, Endless Alphabet, Plants vs Zombies 2
- iPad App of the Year: Disney Animated
- iPad Game of the Year: Badland
- Runner-Ups: Traktor DJ, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, WWF Together, Impossible Road
- Top selling iOS app: Minecraft: Pocket Edition
- Top free app: Candy Crush Saga (stop sending damn invites people!)
Very interesting picks. Duolingos is incredible and if only learning a new language was this easy and fun nowadays in school. You can check out the top picks in iTunes as the ‘Best of 2013’ is being featured within the App Store section (check out Apple’s 2012 picks here).
What are some of your favourite apps of 2013? Share them with us in the comments!