Apple didn’t stop at just updating its MacBook Air models, and Phil Schiller had his own reply to rumours claiming the company can’t innovate anymore: “Can’t innovate anymore, my ass,” he said.
During his presentation, he teased about something Apple is working on and will launch this fall: the new Mac Pro. The specs are amazing:
- 1/8th the volume of the previous generation Mac Pro.
- double the CPU performance of the previous generation: 1766MHz DDR3 60GBps bandwidth memory,
- supports 4K displays,
- the upcoming Mac Pro will be the first Mac ever to include dual workstation GPUs,
- Flash internal storage – 1.25GBps reach, 1.0GBps write – 10 times faster than any hard drive in a Mac Pro,
- 4USB 3.0 ports, 6 Thunderbolt 2 ports, Gibabit ethernet, HMDI out and motion sensor that lights up the back panel when it is turned.
Yes, this is indeed an amazing product, and it is assembled in the USA. The only issue is that it will not be available until later this year.