8mm Vintage Camera by Nexvio Inc. is Apple’s free app of the week. The app normally retails for $1.99 and is free for this week only.
The app captures the beauty and magic of old school vintage movies right through your viewfinder. Dust and scratches, retro colours, flickering, light leaks, even frame shakes, all can be instantly added with a single tap of the finger.
Here is a full list of in-app features:
RECORD VIDEOS WITH SOPHISTICATED LIVE EFFECTS
• Total live view of the effects. What you see in the viewfinder is what you get.
• Support up to 4K HD recording with real time video effects.
INSTANTLY SWITCH EFFECTS FOR 70 DIFFERENT LOOKS
• 7 Lenses: Super 8, Clear, Flickering Frame, Spotlight, Light Leak, Color Fringing and Classic.
• 11 Retro & Aged Films: 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena, Pela, Indigo, Tuscan and Two-Color.
• Jitter Button to imitate frame shakes of real 8mm projectors.
• Sound Switch to add projector sound for extra authenticity or mute the video for a silent movie effect.
APPLY EFFECTS TO EXISTING VIDEOS
• Apply and adjust effects while playing a video from Photo library.
CREATE PRO-QUALITY MOVIES FROM 8MM CLIPS
• Choose from 5 unique themes with matching titles, transitions & music. Free themes: Minimalism, Elegant. In-App Purchase themes: Silent Film, Countdown, Light Leak.
• Add soundtrack from iTunes library.
8mm Vintage Camera is available as a free download (normally $1.99) from the App Store. The app requires any iOS device running iOS 9.0 or later and contains in-app purchases ranging from $1.39 to $4.99.