Piloteer by Fixpoint Productions is Apple’s free app of the week. The game normally retails for $2.79 and is free for this week only.
In Piloteer, a whimsical and serenely challenging physics-based game about learning to fly, a renowned inventor is determined to overcome the stigma associated with flying a jetpack and convince the world that jetpacks should be revered by all.
Blending elements of both physics and trick-based games, players will need to maneuver their state-of-the-art jetpack through the skies while completing a myriad of increasingly difficult missions to change public perceptions.
Players will find themselves immersed in a wholly integrated physics simulation, making the beautiful world around them feel dynamic, unpredictable, and alive. Here is a list of in-game features:
– Increasingly challenging gameplay with sixty different missions
– Three beautiful environments to fly around in
– Career and Free Fly modes
– Custom-composed, serene piano score
– Silly and ridiculous physics-based ragdoll effects
– Universal support
– GameCenter achievements
– Share replays and screenshots via Facebook, Email, or Twitter
Piloteer is available as a free download (normally $2.79) from the App Store. The game requires any iOS device running iOS 6.0 or later, and it has been optimized for the iPhone 5, 6, and 6 Plus. The app no in-app purchases.