Canada’s milestone 150th birthday is here, and the App Store is celebrating with a new app section titled ‘Made in Ottawa’, as part of its ongoing Canada 150 highlights.
The Ottawa section says “Our country’s beautiful and historically rich capital will be the heart of the 150th birthday bashes this year, but Ottawa’s cutting-edge creativity is its own cause for celebration. Shopify has empowered us to follow our small business dreams, while venerable Canada Post lets us share our creations with the rest of the world—just a couple of the essential apps born in the shadow of the Peace Tower.”
The following sections are available:
- Apps and games from Ottawa (i.e. Shopify, Canada Post, Realtor.ca, etc)
- More from Ontario (i.e. Bitmoji, Flipp, Varage Sale, etc)
So far, we’ve seen the following Canada 150 sections in the App Store:
- Made in Vancouver
- Made in Calgary
- Canada’s Best Game Makers: Noodlecake
- Canada’s Best Game Makers: DrinkBox
- Canada’s Best Game Makers: RAC7
- Made in Toronto-Waterloo
- Made in Montreal
- Unapologetically Canadian
Happy Canada Day, everyone!