The rumoured iPad Pro will reportedly feature a 12.9-inch display, which will be comparable to the screen size of Apple’s MacBook Air. Below is a description of the hardware features of the concept from the publication:
- The iPad Pro design is pretty close to its siblings, the iPad mini Retina and iPad Air. Curved corners and a flat back. Sound is provided from speakers that are placed left and right from the Lightning connector.
- Touch ID is integrated in the sapphire glass protected home button, which was introduced for iPhone 5s.
- The screen is 12.9 inch wide and has a 4K-solution with 3,072×2,304 pixels (298 ppi), using LED-backlights and IPS-technology.
- Even though it’s wider, it’s still as thin as the iPad Air: 7.5 mm.
- The bigger screen with more pixels requires an A8 chipset with 64-bit-architecture.
- Apps for the iPad Air are shown optimized by the iPad Pro. Dedicated apps – labelled with “Pro” – use the higher resolution and performance of the all new iPad Pro.
- New pencils may fully employ all the features like pressure sensitivity. But don’t hold your breath for a multi button pen made by Apple.
The iPad Pro with a larger display has been rumoured for the past several months, along with the rumours of an iPhone with a bigger screen, ranging between 4.5 and 5.5-inches. The next-generation iPhone is expected to launch in the second half of the year along with iOS 8 and Apple’s rumoured health and fitness-focused iWatch.
Thanks to Gesche from Curved for emailing us to let us know about this amazing concept.