Fitbit has today announced the launch of Fitbit Alta HR, a new wearable device that the manufacturer claims to be the world’s slimmest wrist-based, continuous heart rate tracking device.
Alongside the new wristband, Fitbit also announced a feature called sleep stages, which uses heart rate variability to estimate the amount of time the user spends in light, deep and REM sleep and, of course, the time spent awake each night. And it will allegedly provide personalised guidance on how to improve sleep for “better overall health.”
The heart rate monitoring feature, branded as PurePulse, serves the fitness scope of the wristband: it helps you better measure calories burnt during the day, see real-time heart zones right on your wrist, and also view resting heart rate on the device.
The sleep-tracking feature is powered by PurePulse and uses the fitness band’s built-in accelerometer and heart rate variability, combined with Fitbit’s proven algorithms, to accurately track and analyze your sleep.
To make the fitness band fashionable, Fitbit has also introduced a variety of models to choose from:
• classic trackers with black, blue gray, fuchsia or coral classic fitness wristbands and matching aluminum buckle;
• Special Edition trackers in soft pink classic band with 22k rose gold-plated tracker and black classic band with matte gunmetal tracker;
• Luxe leather collection in brown, indigo and lavender with matching buckle;
• Luxe stainless-steel bracelet that can stack with your other jewelry;
• designer collections from PUBLIC SCHOOL and, soon, from Tory Burch.
The Alta HR is available now for pre-order in Canada at $199.95 CAD. In early April 2017, Alta HR will be available online and in stores worldwide, including major Canadian retailers such as Amazon.ca, Best Buy, Indigo, London Drugs, Sport Chek, The Source and Walmart. The Special Edition model will cost you $229.95 CAD. For the Classic fitness bands you’ll need to shell out $39.95 CAD; for Luxe Leather bands, $79.95 CAD; and for the Luxe Metal Bracelet, $139.95 CAD.