The National Basketball Association (NBA) now has it’s own exercise and training app called NBA Fit, thanks to a hand from Under Armour. The pro basketball league’s new app is a social fitness experience designed to teach, motivate, and challenge basketball fans everywhere. According to the NBA, the app combines Under Armour’s Connected Fitness platform with fitness tips and videos from players in the league and the WNBA (via Engadget).
Users can get advice focused on training and nutrition, as well as complete challenges to compete against their friends. It must be noted that the NBA’s partnership with UA is an interesting move, since Adidas is its current uniform and apparel provider for the league, while Nike is set to take over in 2017.
Below is the app’s official iTunes description:
Train like the Pros
- Fine tune your game with training tips from NBA and WNBA players
- Pick up your strength and conditioning with help from the league’s coaches
Compete in Challenges
- Join NBA and WNBA Challenges for some friendly, virtual competition
- Track your stats in every Challenge with easy-to-use dashboards
- Climb the leaderboards for the chance to win prizes
Connect with Friends
- Get inspired by the NBA FIT community and invite friends to join
- Like and comment on friends’ workouts, photos, and videos? Follow elite athletes and fitness professionals and see how the pros get it done behind the scenes and on the court
You can grab the free app using the following App Store link:
Download NBA Fit for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad [Direct Link]