Today at CES, IK Multimedia has announced the sequel to their popular guitar interface for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac, and Android.
The iRig 2 still allows you to connect your guitar to your iOS, Mac, or Android device, but this time around there’s a 1/4-inch output jack. This means that you could easily use the company’s mobile apps alongside the guitar amp.
“This opens up a whole world of opportunities when paired with AmpliTube, IK’s powerful guitar and bass multi-effects processor. It provides you with a vast library of meticulously modelled virtual stompbox effects, amplifiers and other gear that you can use as a part of your physical rig when you’re jamming with friends, at a practice session, in the recording studio or performing live.”
The new device features a headphone jack to keep from annoying those around you. The iRig 2 also includes a toggle switch that will bypass the connected mobile device entirely. Here is a complete list of the device’s features:
– The sequel to the best-selling iRig interface
– 1/4” instrument input for use with guitar, bass and other instruments
– 1/4” amplifier output for use with an external amplifier without an adaptor
– 1/8” TRRS output for use with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Android
– 1/8” headphone output
– Compact and lightweight design
– Selectable dual-mode switch: FX and THRU
– Input gain thumbwheel for easy signal control
– Comes with microphone stand velcro-slot
– Comes with AmpliTube FREE and a full suite of powerful IK applications and software
The guitar interface’s new feature allows you to use your mobile device as a tuner, recorder, or other tool without affecting the sound coming from your guitar amp.
The iRig 2 from IK Multimedia will launch during the first quarter of 2015 for $39.99.