Deliveries, a package tracking app for iOS, has added a variety of new features in their update to version 6.1 that the company released today.
The update focuses on bringing Apple Watch support to the package tracking application. Deliveries now includes its own watch app in addition to Glance and notification support on Apple Watch.
The app update also includes the ability to filter your search results by archived, active, or all. This gives you an easy way to search all previous and present shipments. The search functionality has also been update to allow you to search for packages shipped on a specific date. Here is a complete list of new features included in version 6.1 of the app:
What’s New in Version 6.1
• Apple Watch: now includes an app, Glance, and notification support for Apple Watch.
• Handoff: if you’re viewing or editing a delivery and you want to switch to another device, you can now use Handoff to take you straight there.
• Sharing: you can now share a snapshot of your delivery, which is fun if you want to tweet about how that pre-order you’re so excited about just shipped. It tries to leave out stuff you probably don’t want to share, like the tracking number and your current location. The email sharing template has also been improved.
• Search: you can now filter your search results by Archived, Active, or All. This gives you an easy way to browse all your archived deliveries—just choose All or Archived without entering any search text. You can also search by delivery date, using the format YYYY-MM-DD. That means you can search for a specific day (“2015-04-24”), a whole month, (“2015-04”), or an entire year (“2015”).
• Multiple packages: deliveries with multiple packages have a new look, to make it more clear what the numbers mean, and which package is currently selected. In the details view, you can now tap anywhere in the text for a package to select that package. Changing the selected package will now highlight its location on the map. Plus when you double-tap to change the selected shipment in the Today widget it will now update in the main app.
• The Add Delivery screen now has section headings to make it more clear what options are available.
• You can now scan a barcode when you’re editing a delivery.
• Syncing improvements for iCloud and Junecloud.
• Better error handling when syncing with Junecloud or checking for service updates.
• Faster downloading of service updates.
• Fixed a bug where deleting a delivery did not remove calendar events related to it.
• If a location in the format “City, State 12345” isn’t found, it will now try again without the zip code.
• Fixed a bug where opening an invalid .deliveries file would automatically add the invalid delivery. It will now open the Edit Delivery screen and ask you to correct any problems.
• Fixed a bug where the day count on the details screen did not always update when it should.
• Pull to refresh will no longer update deliveries that are complete—when all shipments have been delivered. You can still manually refresh a delivered item by tapping the “…” button and choosing “Refresh” there.
• The network activity indicator now displays properly during updates (that’s the tiny spinner in the status bar).
• When you adjust your text size, the icons (like checkmarks) will now scale up or down to match.
• Much better map zooming in many cases. Previously there were a lot of cases where it would be zoomed out more than you would have expected—that is now much less likely to happen.
• Improved caching of map locations.
• Updated 1Password support.
• Many other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Deliveries helps you keep track of all your packages, so you always know when they’re going to arrive. The main list shows a summary of all your shipments and counts down the days. Select a delivery for more information, and see where it is on a map.
Deliveries supports dozens of services, including UPS, FedEx, US Postal Service, DHL, Canada Post, Amazon, Apple, Royal Mail, USPS, and many more. Deliveries is also available for Mac OS X. You can sync your deliveries between devices with iCloud or Junecloud sync. If you create a Junecloud account, you can add new shipments from any web browser.
Deliveries: A Package Tracker is available to download from the App Store for $5.79. The app requires a device running iOS 8 or later and has been optimized for the iPhone 5, 6, and 6 Plus.