We’ve heard previous rumours of RIM’s BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) coming to iOS, but this time around further evidence in the form of a job posting leads us to believe something is in the works for some sort of RIM iOS app.
AllThingsD refers to a LinkedIn ad, where RIM seeks to hire a ‘Senior iOS Mobile Developer’ to work for them in Bellevue, WA. Here is the job description:
- Create exciting enterprise applications for distribution on the iOS platform
- Implement new products and enhancements as they are required
- Involvement in a software development life-cycle of mobile and web-based software and user interface design and development
- Working in conjunction with teammates to formulate a shared vision, then researching, prototyping and presenting solutions that make the vision more tangible and actionable (both from a product and technical perspective)
- Collaborating with project stakeholders to identify and influence software solutions that maximize business value by realizing the appropriate balance of near-term and long-term objectives
- Building demos that showcase technology advances and new capabilities
- Identifying and promoting opportunities to create a user-friendly customer experience
- Making presentations to executives, project stakeholders, and others
“In order for BlackBerry Mobile Fusion to perform advanced management functions for iOS devices, RIM will develop an on device client to be included as part of the overall solution,” a company spokesperson told AllThingsD.