It’s software update day today, as Apple has released iOS 10.1, while also releasing watchOS 3.1 and tvOS 10.0.1 for download.
Here’s what’s new in watchOS 3.1:
- Adds distance and average pace to workout summaries in the Activity app for outdoor wheelchair run pace and outdoor wheelchair walk pace
- Fixes issues that may have prevented Music playlists from syncing to Apple Watch
- Addresses an issue that was preventing invitations and data to appear in Activity Sharing
- Fixes an issue that was allowing Activity Sharing to update over mobile data when manually disabled
- Resolves an issue that caused some third-party apps to crash when inputting text
- New option to replay bubble and full screen effects in Messages
- Messages effects can play with Reduce Motion enabled
- Fixes an issue that could cause the notification for Timer complete to be delivered twice
- Resolves an issue that could prevent Apple Watch Series 2 from fully charging
- Resolves an issue where Activity rings may disappear from the watch face
- Fixes an issue that prevented Force Touch options from appearing in some third-party apps
As for tvOS 10.0.1, this update brings bug fixes and performance improvements, with no major features notable. Single sign-on is expected to come in a future update, which will allow users to sign into all their cable TV apps just once on Apple TV.
Both updates are available over-the-air. For Apple Watch users, launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and go to the My Watch tab, then General > Software Update.
For Apple TV 4 users, go to Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software. Remember that tvOS is only available for Apple TV 4, as Apple TV 2 and Apple TV 3 devices are not compatible.