Tweetie has become one of the most popular iPhone twitter apps. People were more than willing to buy it for the slick interface and intuitive features (but it still lacks Push). Last month, Atebits was sold to twitter and founder Loren Brichter started focusing his efforts towards making the “official” twitter app based on Tweetie. This would mean tweetie would soon become FREE.
The Twitter iPhone App Makes Its Debut
The Twitter iPhone app went live yesterday in the App Store. It’s based solely on Tweetie 3 and is absolutely free. What a great deal for those looking for the best free twitter app on the iPhone. Here are some details:
- Tweetie is now Twitter! We didnâ€™t just do a name change, weâ€™ve added a bunch of new stuff.
- Search has been reorganized, now you can search all tweets and find users in the same spot, view Top Tweets and Browse Suggested users.
- Search results now include Top Tweets, try it with Trends…winner combo!
- You can now use Twitter without an account! Search, Browse uses, view trends and top tweets.
- Sign-up is now availabile within the application as well, complete with Suggested user list.
- More tab has been re-organized to accomplish all this. Users with one account can add a second account under the Accounts and Settings button here.
- Actions weâ€™ve found people use most, like Retweet have been moved to the main actions bar.
- Minor tweaks were made to tweet rendering so they match Twitter.com tweets
After using Tweetie to test it out, the app is pretty slick but I’m still going to be using SimplyTweet 3 for my twitter needs. Also, I find the icon to be butt ugly. Couldn’t they have come up with something more creative? Nevertheless, the twitter iPhone app is pretty awesome considering the app is FREE. How do you like it so far?