Amazon has today pushed an updated MP3 Store which has been specifically optimised for iOS devices, allowing iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users to browse and purchase digital music from Amazon’s 22-million song catalog via mobile Safari. Customers can also access features like personalized recommendations, best-seller lists and Amazon customer ratings using their iOS devices.
The Amazon MP3 Store offers everyday low prices on best-selling tracks and albums in mp3 format. All music sold by Amazon MP3s is DRM-free, and can be played using the Cloud Player app on Phones, iPads and iPods. Music purchases are automatically saved to customers’ Cloud Player libraries which can be downloaded or played instantly on supported devices.
From the official press release:
“Since the launch of the Amazon Cloud Player app for iPhone and iPod touch, a top request from customers has been the ability to buy music from Amazon right from their devices. For the first time ever, iOS users have a way do that – now they can access Amazon’s huge catalog of music, features like personalized recommendations, deals like albums for $5, songs for $0.69, and they can buy their music once and use it everywhere,” said Steve Boom, Vice President of Amazon Music.
Features of the Amazon MP3 store on the mobile web browser include:
- The Amazon MP3 mobile website for iPhone and iPod touches is built on HTML5, which means customers can make purchases directly from the Amazon MP3 mobile website on their iPhones and iPod touches
- Selection of over 22 million songs and over two million albums at everyday low prices
- Access to everyday deals like $5 albums, $0.69 songs, and free songs from artists on the rise
- Individualized recommendations based on purchase history
- Immediate availability and seamless playback of purchases in the Amazon Cloud Player app
- Free storage of all Amazon MP3 purchases in Amazon Cloud Player
Customers can now shop from the Amazon MP3 store using their iPhone and iPod touch devices at http://www.amazon.com/mp3.
Update: Amazon MP3 is only available for US customers, but those with US accounts and VPN access will be able to purchase music.