Did you purchase an unlocked iPhone 4 from Apple? If you did, then you’re going to have to change your SIM card number on Rogers.com, as your SIM won’t fit into the microSIM slot on the iPhone 4. You could cut your original SIM down to size, but it’s easier to just change your SIM card number on Rogers.com (or by giving them a call).
Rogers.com is…how can we say this…not the most “user friendly” website. It took me a while to navigate through the maze of menus and buttons to change my SIM card info online. So hopefully this will help those out who need it.
Let’s get started with this quick tutorial.
1. Login to your My Rogers account on Rogers.com
2. Click on “Manage my Wireless”
3. Click on “Hardware”
4. Click on “Change SIM Card”
5. Enter your old SIM card number (located on the back of the SIM itself). Below, enter in your new microSIM card number (located on the back of the microSIM).
6. Click “Change” and wait…and BAM! It should be updated immediately. My iPhone 4 was up and running right away!
If you’re on Bell or Telus, I haven’t used their website services for changing SIM cards, but let us know if that option is available. Let me know how this works for you!