We’ve seen some amazing stuff come out of Kickstarter projects. Today, we’re looking the new Aqua Tek S from Snow Lizard. I would call this THEE survivalist’s iPhone case. It is waterproof (up to 20 feet) and solar powered, with an internal battery. It’s super durable and is probably the best protection you can get for your iPhone 4/4S.
- Waterproof and dirt resistant design protects your iPhone 4/4S from outdoor elements
- Poly-Carbonate, ruggedized casing withstands drops, falls and spills
- Lio Polymer Battery and solar charger keeps iPhone powered so users can hike, ski, camp and play longer
- Secures and protects the iPhone 4/4S while leaving access to the phones camera, volume buttons, speakers and Multi-touch display
- Easily charge and sync the iPhone in the AQUA TEK S by opening the thumb screw and attaching a micro USB to the connector
- For Kickstarter Pledges you will receive one or more of these with serial number in these 4 colors. (NEW) Safety Yellow, Signal Orange, Black Night, or Urban Camo.
Here’s a video showing some of the features in action:
Granted, it’s not the most attractive case on the market, but I think we can afford to lose a bit of fashion for this much function and practicality. Snow Lizard’s Aqua Tek S will retail for $129.99, but if you head over to their Kickstarter page and pledge, you can get one for $100.