If you don’t want to shell out the big bucks for the beautifully designed Nest thermostat (read our install tutorial here), you could try the Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostat which is currently on sale at Costco retail locations for $99.97 (it’s $119.99 on Costco.ca with free shipping). It comes with the following features:
- Wi-Fi enabled 7-day programming
- High / low temperature alerts via email or phone
- View local weather forecasts via the Honeywell app
- Separate programming for day of the week with 4 settings per day
- Program is protected in memory from power outages
- Precise temperature control of +/- 1° F
- Reminders for changing batteries and air filters
- Backlit display
- Automatic firmware updates
The Honeywell can be controlled over Wi-Fi using the free Honeywell Total Connect Comfort iPhone/iPad app, which according to reviews in iTunes works quite well to control thermostat.
According to those who have installed this thermostat it does require a “C” wire to run this unit. Anyone own one of these Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostats? Let us know how it goes if you pick one up!