iRig Guitar Amp for iOS Devices: $19.99 at Future Shop, Best Buy
The iRig guitar amp allows you to connect your guitar/bass to your iPhone or iPad and it’s currently on sale for $19.99 at Future Shop and Best Buy ($15 off). Here’s how the iRig setup works:
To use the iRig, you simply plug the 3.5mm TRRS end into the headphone jack of your iOS device. Then plug your guitar into the 1/4″ jack using a standard guitar cable. To monitor your sound, plug your headphones/line out into the 3.5 mm headphone jack on the iRig. That’s all there is to it. Now you’re ready to Jam.
The iRig comes with the following features:
- Instrument interface adapter + guitar and bass tone mobile software
- Works on iPhone/iPod touch/iPad
- Compact 1/4″ female input jack to 1/8″ female output jack audio interface adapter
- Headphone/Amp/Powered Speaker OUT
- Connect electric guitar and bass
- Also works with line level signals from synthesizers, keyboards, mixers
- Includes AmpliTube FREE for iPhone or iPad (free download on iTunes App Store)
- Real time guitar and bass multiFX, recording, practicing app
If you’re a guitar player, this looks like a decent pick up for $20. The sale most likely reflects the fact a new iRig HD is out ($99). The sale goes until June 13. Let us know if you’re going to jump on this.