Photojojo has announced the release of Triggertrap, an intelligent remote trigger for your DSLR via your iPhone. All you do is hook up the Triggertrap into your DSLR body, then insert the 3.5mm jack into your iPhone. The free Triggertrap iOS app will help you do the rest.
Below are features available via the app:
- Cable Release, press to take a photo in bulb or regular mode
- Time-lapse mode
- TimeWarp, time lapses with acceleration!
- Distance-lapse, example: take a photo every 30 ft
- Motion detection
- Vibration and shock sensors
- Sound detection, clap/yell/whistle to take a photo!
- Facial Recognition sensor, snaps a photo when a face enters the frame
- Magnetic & metallic detectors
- Long-Exposure HDR
- Long-Exposure HDR time-lapse
- Bulb ramping, take a series of photos with increasing or decreasing shutter speeds
- Star Trail mode, a time-lapse of long exposures
- Sunset & Sunrise Calculator
Currently the Triggertrap is available for the following Nikon and Canon SLRs:
- Nikon DC2 (D3200, D7100 & more)
- Nikon MC30 (D4, D800 & more)
- Canon E3 (Rebels & more)
- Canon N3 (5D, 7D & more)
The Triggertrap retails for $30, and ships to Canada via USPS 1st Class International for $10.50. Let us know if this is an accessory you’d be interested in!