ION, the company that makes the popular arcade gaming peripherals for iPhone and iPad, has developed a cool gadget called iPics2Go that will let your iPhone 4/4S digitize paper photos, 35mm negatives and slides (via Gizmodo). iPics2Go is basically a box shaped device that includes the necessary lighting to make the whole thing work, as well as a 3 x 5 and 4 x 6 photo holder, 35mm slide & negative tray and batteries. The product is available for US $63 (£39.99) at this website.
Below is the official product description:
Thanks to the iPICS2GO Negative to iPhone Scanner you can save all of your photographs, slides and negatives straight to your mobile – then edit, save, and share them in an instant!
Just plug your iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S into the top, fire up the powerful editing app and feed a photo, slide or negative into the PICS2GO. With the app’s easy-to-use controls you can scan your pics in seconds, and save them as a digital file that’ll last forever. Or at least until the next technological revolution.
Battery-powered and designed purely for the iPhone 4 and 4S, the iPICS2GO is a handy little gadget that you can use anywhere in the house. Scan your family album while you’re watching the telly; or take it round your Nan’s house and go through her black and white snaps.
- Scan high-resolution pictures straight to your iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S
- Works with 35mm negatives, slides, and both 3×5 and 4×6-inch pictures
- Includes a powerful editing app for converting slides and negatives into sharable photos
- Free app includes Facebook button for instant sharing
- Top platform holds iPhone 4 at optimal height and automatically positions camera
- Built-in LED lighting: no hotspots, glare or flash burn
- Custom lighting and photo tray makes photo positioning quick and easy, eliminating guesswork
- Battery powered for easy set up
If you own it already or have tried it out in a store, we’d love to hear your thoughts about it!