App Updates: Netflix Brings Subtitles, SimplyTweet 3 Adds UI Improvements
Two notable app updates today: Netflix and SimplyTweet 3.
Here’s what’s new with Netflix:
What’s New in Version 1.3
Introducing Subtitles! Now you can follow the action when watching foreign language content, or when listening to the audio is not possible, such as when working out, or in loud environments.
Full support for iOS 4.3.3 and 4.2.8 (Verizon).
Here’s what’s new in SimplyTweet 3:
What’s New in Version 3.5.0
UI improvements and touchups. More to come.
* Improved Swipe menu. 6 buttons, more information, more configurable.
* Less waiting for UI
* Make labels and button icons more consistent across the app
* Added local trends for many more countries
* UI improvements
* Fixed some bugs
* Only support iOS 4 and newer iOS versions from now on
* A little easter egg for the upcoming app
Netflix now adds subtitles, for when you’re in a noisy environment and can’t hear out of your iPhone’s speaker. Great little addition, but so far I have yet to see the option to enable subtitles after installing the update.
SimplyTweet 3 remains my favourite twitter client because of these massive updates all the time. New UI enhancements bring an improved swipe menu with more customizations. Plus, there’s a something extra coming from SimplyTweet, so keep an eye out.