Today, Apple released a new MobileMe application that allows MobileMe members to easily view their gallery photos and videos on their iPhone or iPod touch.
Existing MobileMe members simply input their member name and password and have full access to their online MobileMe web gallery. The app includes many helpful navigation features such as a photo sampler along the top of the display that gives users quick and easy access to recent photos.
The app works in the same fashion as the iPhone/iPod Touch Photos app in that users may flick to navigate between photos, pinch to zoom, and rotate the iPhone/iPod Touch to view photos in portrait or landscape. Users may also view a friend’s gallery by choosing their name from the available contacts.
Another neat feature is that the app automatically saves photos that users have viewed, which is helpful when viewing the photos again, as this time around there is no Internet connection required.
Check out the brief feature list below:
- View your entire gallery including password protected and hidden albums
- Flick through photos and pinch to zoom in for more detail
- Rotate iPhone to see photos in landscape
- View your friendsâ€™ gallery photos and movies
- Access previously viewed photos when offline
- Easily share a link to an album from iPhone
As mentioned earlier, the app does require users to be MobileMe members. Users may sign-up for a MobileMe 60-day trial if you want to get a taste of the service.
The MobileMe Gallery app is available on the iTunes App Store for free.