Canon has launched today a free Mobile Scanning for Business app, a companion app for iPhone and iPad users to manage their scans right from their iOS device.
Users will be able to receive scanned data from compatible devices on their iOS device, plus easily upload documents right to cloud storage from the app.
The following devices are supported: imageRUNNER ADVANCE series, imageCLASS series and i-SENSYS series scanners. Your iPhone or iPad must also be on the same LAN or wireless LAN for the app to work.
– Receive scanned data from a multi-function device on a network in an iPhone or iPad.
– Save received scanned data in “My Documents” or “Camera Roll.”
– Print scanned data, album images, and web pages by linking to Canon Mobile Printing.
– Attach received scanned data to emails and send them.
– Upload received scanned data to a cloud storage service.
– Start the device Remote UI and check detailed information such as the device status etc.
We don’t remember the last time we used a scanner. If you’re a casual user, your best bet to is purchase Readdle’s excellent Scanner Pro for $2.99, as it our go-to choice for scanning with our iPhone.