Today, CBC has launched CBC Music, a new digital music service for Canadians which connects them to their favorite music for free through the web and via mobile apps. A CBC Music App for iPhone, iPod and iPad has also been released which is available as a free download in the Canadian App Store. CBC Music offers 40 different radio stations, 14 distinct genre-based communities and music from nearly 1,000 major and independent music companies, providing listeners with the very best in Canadian and International music.
Key features of CBC Music are:
- Completely free, and easy to navigate – just click to play
- 40 web radio stations built from a library of millions of tracks of music
- 14 genre-based music communities ranging from rock to classical, pop to jazz, hip hop to country, and everything in between
- CBC Radio 2 & CBC Radio 3
- Direct access to the music of almost 1,000 major and independent music companies
- Artist pages on more than 25,000 independent artists with thousands of songs you can play whenever you want
- The best music content from a variety of CBC programs including Q and George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight
- CBC personalities who guide Canadians through the infinite world of music
- Hundreds of concerts available on demand
- Original content including articles, blogs and playlists, updated daily
- The Canadian Concert Calendar’ maintained by artists – one of the largest Canadian concert calendars available
Here is the official iTunes description of CBC Music App:
CBC Music gives you instant access to the best in emerging and established music. With over a dozen distinct genres and 40 unique web radio stations that you won’t find anywhere else, CBC Music satisfies even the most demanding music fan.
· Choose from 13 distinct musical genres
· Instant access to 40 unique music streams
· Download on iTunes (where available)
Find all of your favourites, explore a wide variety of genres, and make exciting new music discoveries with CBC Music.