CIBC mobile banking app running on iPhone OS 3 (holy crap was that a long time ago)
CIBC says it is set to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the CIBC Mobile Banking app, which was the first banking app offered from Canada’s big five banks, back in 2010.
“CIBC is proud to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the first mobile banking app in Canada, marking the first time Canadians could bank on the go anywhere using their smart phone,” said Aayaz Pira, Senior Vice-President, Digital & Direct Banking, CIBC, in an issued statement.
Below is a timeline of milestones for the CIBC mobile banking app:
- 2010: CIBC mobile banking app launches on iPhone
- 2011: the first mobile brokerage app is introduced
- 2013: the first eDeposit and mobile business app for business owners; Android capabilities launched
- 2014: the first remote deposit capture feature is launched with CIBC eDeposit
- 2015: the first banking app on the Apple Watch, as well as online and mobile Global Money Transfers is introduced
- 2016: the first digital account opening, allowing clients to scan their drivers’ license and cheque to open a bank account
- 2017: after introducing Android Pay, CIBC becomes the first bank in Canada to offer all three leading mobile payment options, and in the same year CIBC was the first major Canadian bank to launch free mobile credit scores for clients through mobile banking
- 2019: CIBC is the first to offer clients the ability to replace a lost or stolen credit card through mobile or online banking and instantly use the new card with their mobile wallet before the physical card arrives
“It’s been an exciting decade, with more innovation in the way Canadians bank than at any other time in history,” added Mr. Pira.
The CIBC mobile app last year was named the top mobile banking app in Canada by Forrester, among some of its accolades.
You can click here to download CIBC Mobile Banking for iOS in the App Store.