Clash of Clans Gets Winter Update, Ability to Save Multiple Base Layouts and More
Supercell has released its winter update for its popular game Clash of Clans. Aside from snow on your village and animations of the fluffy white stuff, there’s a new layout editor to save different home and war bases.
Other ‘new goodies’ include: level 12 gold mines and elixir collectors at town hall 8; level 7 giants for those at town hall 10; and the ability to compare clans with those in local leaderboards.
The full list of changes are below:
- Under attack? You can now watch a live replay while waiting to load your Village!
- Hero ability icons now show remaining hit points and will start flashing when low – use their ability to recover some HP!
- Resume boost button now shows how much time is remaining for the boost
- Improved level display for troops/heroes/spells
- Pending join requests are now limited to 10 per clan to prevent spamming (additional join requests cannot be sent)
- Upgrading Walls with Elixir is now available only when upgrading to Wall level 9 and higher
- The first Dark Elixir Drill is now available at Town Hall 7
- The second Dark Elixir Drill is now available at Town Hall 8
- Dark Elixir Drill maximum capacity has been increased on all levels
- Archer Towers now shoot twice as fast to better take down weak hordes (total damage remains unchanged)
- Inferno Towers now shoot for a longer time before getting depleted (loading cost remains the same)
- Army camps have heavily decreased hit points – no more stubborn campfires!
- Cannons, Barracks, Laboratory, Spell Factory and Dark Elixir Drills have higher HP on almost all levels
- Hitpoint values have been adjusted slightly for many other buildings
- Lava Pup HP has been slightly decreased
Back in October we told you about the game’s Halloween update and how we had just started playing the game. Well, I hate to say it but I’m full-on addicted now (Town Hall 7 now)–you guys should have warned me. This is the first game where I’ve succumbed to in-app purchases for gems, but luckily they were funded by Rogers.
Click here to download Clash of Clans for iOS from the App Store.