Facebook has release its 5.1 update to its iOS app to include an easier way to chat with friends and a better way to share multiple photos:
What’s New in Version 5.1
Now it’s easier to chat with your friends and share multiple photos.
• Swipe left anywhere in the app to quickly see who’s available and send a message
• Add friends you message most to the top of your Favorites
• Share multiple photos fast
• Give real gifts to your friends using Facebook Gifts (US-only)
• When sending messages, see who’s active so you and your friends know how soon to expect a reply
A slight word of warning here: we would provide some screenshots of the new features, but after updating we can’t login to Facebook. Our credentials are verified within iOS and it just won’t accept them with the app. Others have let us know on Twitter they are also experiencing the same issue. Stay tuned for an update.
Update 1: Facebook works again. Just restart your iPhone or force quit the app a few times to get the update to work. Update with care of course.
Below are a couple images of the new features: swiping to the left to reveal chat; multiple image sharing capabilities:
For an excellent overview of this update, check out the screenshots over at MacStories.
Click here to download Facebook–it’s free.